Blood Pressure Services
We can measure and record your blood pressure for $2.00, no bookings necessary. Blood pressure is the pressure of the blood in the arteries as it is pumped around the body by the heart. Blood pressure does not stay the same all the time.
There is no ‘ideal’ blood pressure reading. The following classification for clinic blood pressures in adults can be used as a guide:
- Normal blood pressure – generally less than 120/80
- High–normal – between 120/80 and 139/89
- Mild high blood pressure – between 140/90 and 159/99
- Moderate high pressure – between 160/100 and 179/109
- Severe high pressure – equal to or more than 180/110
High blood pressure usually does not give warning signs. You can have high blood pressure and feel perfectly well. The only way to find out if your blood pressure is high is to have it checked regularly by your doctor or pharmacist.
If you would like more information regarding our blood pressure services contact us here