Your doctor must assess that a review of a patient living at home is clinically necessary to ensure the quality use of medicines or to address a patient’s needs. Examples of risk factors include patients:
- currently taking five or more regular medicines.
- taking more than 12 doses of medicine per day.
- with significant changes to their medicine regimen in the last three months,
including recent discharge from hospital.
- taking medicine with a narrow therapeutic index or requires therapeutic monitoring.
- with symptoms suggestive of an adverse drug reaction.
- having difficulty managing their own medicines because of literacy or language difficulties, impaired sight.
- attending a number of different doctors, both general practitioners and specialists.
This is a FREE service.
The HMR service is not available to in-patients of a hospital, day hospital facility or care recipients in residential aged care facilities.
All information is confidential. The information from your record can only be given to the pharmacist conducting the review, with your consent. Input from each person involved in the review process is documented in the review report, as well as the recommendations and management plan.
Your doctor will hold a copy and Usher Pharmacy will keep a full record for auditing purposes.